Thursday, January 28, 2010

How Long Can You Live With Thyroid Cancer Have Any Of You Had Thyroid Cancer?

Have any of you had thyroid cancer? - how long can you live with thyroid cancer

Hello,

I have thyroid cancer. Probably not, but possible. I'm waiting for the results of a biopsy.

I was aware of documents that deal with thyroid cancer very well. I know people who live without the thyroid gland (only for large doses of synthetic thyroxine), so I suppose if the worst case, can the document to remove the entire gland.

My question is, therefore, for those of you who have cancer of the thyroid gland, which have had dealings in the press? They have been through chemotherapy and radiation? Or call the Strait of surgery? And if you went directly to surgery, thyroid gland removed, or only some? And for those of you who have done the surgery (a) Documents to freeze or general anesthesia, (B) How long does it take to recover?, And (c) if you are in Canada, such as time taken for the operation of waiting can be? Finally, I am a student in higher education responsible. If my biopsy is considered positive for cancer, how long (), including all recovery operationsExaminations and treatment at my office? Do I need a course for the duration of survival drop (in terms of school, not cancer)?

Thank you!

2 comments:

cbrdgt. said...

I was diagnosed with papillary thyroid cancer July '08 to 21 years. He had a total thyroidectomy for my single tumor was 2.6 cm (large enough) 29. July '08, with general anesthesia - 6.5 hours before he broke into the lymph nodes (usually takes 2 hours) and I had an autologous transplant of a parathyroid gland.

I had radioactive iodine to monitor my treatment. Papillary and follicular (most common) absorption of thyroid cancer in iodine, so that radioactive iodine is used as a monitor. With Anplastic and medullary thyroid (less often) external beam radiotherapy and chemotherapy as a follow-up.

Since I had a very extensive operation, and went with no drugs of hypothyroidism (a month) in preparation for my treatment with radioactive iodine, I would say that I felt after 2 weeks after surgery itself, but felt bad because the fact that I am very hypothyroidism.

My university has started 1 weeks after my radioactive iodine, and not a single day of class ... I had a multitude of other problemswith cancer and Synthroid, I was literally in the doctor's office every week for a whole semester. My case is an extreme case, each is different and varies considerably depending on the size of the tumor and treatment. Good luck with everything!

Here is a very useful link http://www.thyca.org/

Chrys said...

All these questions are for DR ..., not strangers on Yahoo, which is not aware of their medical history and problems ...

Post a Comment